- Centrica Hive smart home products help to prevent crime
- Police accreditation provides assurance when purchasing home security products
- Burglary rates in England and Wales have increased by nine per cent
- Products are designed to give people peace of mind when away from home
- Centrica Hive, the UK’s leading smart home provider, has announced that a range of its products have been accredited by Secured by Design, the national police crime prevention initiative which works alongside Police Forces throughout the UK to reduce crime and design out crime.
The Hive View, Hive Hub 360, Hive Lights, Hive Plug, Hive Window or Door sensors, and the Hive app which enables the products to be managed remotely from a smartphone, have all attained Secured by Design’s (SBD) Police Preferred Specification after being accredited by a technical panel comprising of a number of security industry experts.
With the latest Office for National Statistics showing a nine per cent increase in burglary offences across England & Wales, householders wanting to purchase security products can be assured that SBD accredited Hive products have passed standards and tests nominated by the police service, which must demonstrate effectiveness in preventing or reducing crime.
About the products
- Hive View is a smart and stylish indoor camera. Packed with must-have features like HD livestreaming, person detection and camera history that you can access anytime, anywhere, it’s great for checking in on your home when you’re away.
- Hive Lights can be scheduled to come on and off every evening so that it looks like somebody’s home.
- The Hive Window or Door Sensor is a smart wireless sensor which sends a notification to your smartphone if a window or door opens or closes when you’re away from home.
- The Hive Plug lets you control your home appliances from wherever you are. You can schedule your living room lamp to come on to make your home look lived in. The plug can be programmed to turn on and off up to six times a day.
- Hive Hub 360 is our most advanced hub yet; as well as connecting Hive devices it detects important sounds around the house like your smoke alarm or glass windows breaking and sends a notification to your smartphone.
- The Hive app puts your home in your hand. It makes looking after your home incredibly easy, so you can spend more time doing the things you love.
Claire Miles, Managing Director at Centrica Hive, commented: “We’re delighted that our family of smart products which connect your home, make daily living easier and give peace of mind when you’re away from home, have been accredited by Secured by Design.
“As this is the only way to obtain police accreditation for security related products in the UK, Secured by Design’s mark of approval is a beacon for people wanting to make an informed choice about products that can help to secure their home.”
Lyn Poole, Development Officer, Secured by Design, who is on secondment from the Metropolitan Police where she was serving as one of their Designing Out Crime Officers, commented: “The Hive app will help people keep tabs on their homes. They can do this wherever they are and whenever they like. This has important benefits all year round, but especially so during the Autumn as the evenings start to get darker earlier.”
Visit www.hivehome.com for more information